• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appealed judge's decision I need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindycalderon

What is the name of your state? California I don't know what the state laws are for judges to follow when making a decision. I was found guilty for being on the on-ramp carpool lane, but I wasn't on it. I was issued a ticket, I saw a judge, I appealed and now have to explain what laws the judge broke. Can anyone help me? Perhaps guidelines judges have to follow when making a decision. Where can I find this information? Somebody please help.

N

NotACopOrLawyer

Start with the Nolo Press book "Fight Your Ticket." It's available in every library and bookstore in California. Libraries usually have several copies, with the copy of the very latest edition being kept at the Reference Desk.

FYT is what I use to do my appeals.

NACOL

CdwJava

cindycalderon said:
What is the name of your state? California I don't know what the state laws are for judges to follow when making a decision. I was found guilty for being on the on-ramp carpool lane, but I wasn't on it. I was issued a ticket, I saw a judge, I appealed and now have to explain what laws the judge broke. Can anyone help me? Perhaps guidelines judges have to follow when making a decision. Where can I find this information? Somebody please help.
What makes you think the judge broke a law?

He heard both sides of the story and found the officer's tale more credible than yours. I don't see the grounds for appeal.

But, check out the book NACOL mentioned and give it a try ... who knows.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">