• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeals for moving violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soccermomof3

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My husband was followed for a long stretch of highway by a police officer from an adjacent city.The P.O. drove next to him,looked at him then slowed down & dropped behind him. As he was exiting the hway,by now in his jurisdiction,the P.O. pulled him over,issued a ticket for going over the Gore. Long story short,he did not go over the gore. I asked him to go traffic school as it was the easy way out. Who wins in court when its a P.O.'s word against yours? Not that officers are entirely honestpeople. Anyway,my husband refused the''easy way'' out. He had a point to make as he was being prosecuted wrongly. He had his court date & lost. He filed an appeal which has a memorandum due on 05/06. Is a memo..simply a statement that shows the judge did something wrong in order to re-open the trial? Such as not weighing the evidence correctly. So,should I use the fact that the judge did not weigh the evidence correctly or is there something else I should be writing in the memorandum such as the officer is blatantly lying. I would like to say alleged but I can't. What I can alledge is that the P.O. thought my husband was mex. & purposefully wanted to pull him over. After all the first question he asked was, ''Do You SpeakEnglish?'' Could you please help me or tell me what are memorandum contents?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">