• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apportioned Tags?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Julzc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My state is Oklahoma, but this is regarding a Texas farm tagged semi-tractor. Would you have to have apportioned tags to run in the state of Arkansas?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Check with Arkansas DMV to be sure. Probably not - agriculture or farm-plated vehicles are usually exempt from alot of things.

Julzc

Looking under information for Texas apportioned tags, "restricted use" plates do not require apportioned registration. "farm tags" are restricted use.... right?

Julzc

Yes, thank you. That is where I found my information about "restricted use" plates. Farm plates "restrict" what you are allowed to haul with a semi-tractor. I also looked at International Registration Plan, Inc. , which I am guessing is over all states and it states: "A Recreational Vehicle, a Vehicle displaying Restricted Plates, a bus used in the transportation of chartered parties or a government-owned Vehicle, is not an Apportionable Vehicle; except that a Truck or Truck Tractor, or the Power Unit in a Combination of Vehicles having a gross Vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds (11,793.401 kilograms), or less, and a bus used in the transportation of chartered parties, nevertheless may be registered under the Plan at the option of the Registrant."

So what I read is that it is at the option of the registrant with restricted plates to file for apportioned plates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">