• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arizona hardship license, if your driving's license is suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibhollywood

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona hello i am hoping someone can tell me if Arizona offers a hardship license and the requirements to get it. My DL was suspended in Arizona starting over a registration fine a while back on a car i sold and since then i have had quite a few driving on suspended my moving violations are speeding another following to close these are my two moving violations but i have like 7 or 8 driving on suspended. all my tickets are driving on suspended and insurance/ registration. how would i go about getting a hardship license in Arizona. any information is appreciated and what type of proof should i take to the Arizona mvd that would help? would it help to set up payment arrangements with all the different courts. the only thing on my record besides a slew of driving on suspended license is the court charges
any advice is appreciated
thank you i live in Tempe Arizona and no other state has a hold on my driving privilege, no DUI's, no accidents, just driving on suspended, no insurance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona hello i am hoping someone can tell me if Arizona offers a hardship license and the requirements to get it. My DL was suspended in Arizona starting over a registration fine a while back on a car i sold and since then i have had quite a few driving on suspended my moving violations are speeding another following to close these are my two moving violations but i have like 7 or 8 driving on suspended. all my tickets are driving on suspended and insurance/ registration. how would i go about getting a hardship license in Arizona. any information is appreciated and what type of proof should i take to the Arizona mvd that would help? would it help to set up payment arrangements with all the different courts. the only thing on my record besides a slew of driving on suspended license is the court charges
any advice is appreciated
thank you i live in Tempe Arizona and no other state has a hold on my driving privilege, no DUI's, no accidents, just driving on suspended, no insurance
Actually, EVERY other state will have a "hold" on obtaining their license. If your license is suspended in one state, it's suspended in them all.

You have abused the PRIVILEGE of driving and been CAUGHT nearly a DOZEN times. You're not getting a hardship license. You should stop driving and get a bus pass...seriously!

Mass_Shyster

You can't get a hardship license until you've paid all of your fines. I don't know if you would need a hardship license once you've paid up, or if your license can simply be reinstated.

A hardship license is offered when your license has been suspended for a specific period of time as a result of some action on your part - most frequently drunk driving.

ibhollywood

I thank you both for your responses to my situation, I was just hoping I could break the cycle I am in legally, I guess the bus would be an excellent choice if I decided to get a job at circle K unfortunately I do A/c's and have grown used to working alone, again I thank you and I am happy to see that I am not the only person with the compassion of a werewolf.
Thank You

PROBLEM SOLVED

OHRoadwarrior

Sounds like you have been thumbing your nose at the system we all live by. Now after it has finally gotten through that you might have actually have created a problem, you are seeking a loophole to bypass the system. Obviously your driving skills subject you to additional scrutiny. The law was designed to keep poor drivers and those without insurance to cover damage they may cause off the road. Nice to see Arizona tries to be proactive in their attempts to do so.

Mass_Shyster

Some states allow operation of small, low speed scooters without a license. They are often marketed as DUI Scooters. Maybe you can use one of those until you can get caught up on your fines.

ibhollywood

My driving skills are certainly not at question here as I said I have had two moving violations in thirty-five years a speeding ticket and a following to close the slew of driving on suspended has nothing to do with driving it has to do with Arizona wanting money. I have personally carried insurance for twenty years due to driving newer trucks, I drive an average of 200 miles per day times six days, more than most people drive in two months I drive in a week. Hoping for a loop hole you are absolutely correct in that remark, if the rich can have loop holes you see a problem with middle class finding a bone now and again? At a young age I was not worried about my privilege to drive because I thought I'd be dead by now, turns out I have to deal with it. If money was not the main reason for the laws as they are then why is there no avenue provided by the state for people that cannot take the bus due to their job skill. what this country will spend good money after bad by rehabilitating drunks or addicts, it gives illegal aliens drivers license but it cannot come up with a program that enables someone to drive so they can work so they can pay their fines. how many moving violations have you had in the past thirty-five years? I am not asking anything unreasonable I am merely suggesting that the state should understand not everybody that gets a suspended license wants to go on welfare. With only two moving violations, no accidents or DUI's where is the harm in having a program to help people that screwed up? I am curious to learn how many tickets you have gathered in the past thirty-five years.
I thank you for your desire to be so helpful and I hope you honestly answer my question, if not I understand you are not the dummy that got himself in this pickle I am.
Honestly, thank you for your wisdom

PROBLEM SOLVED

OHRoadwarrior

LOL, not enough that I have ever let my license get suspended. On the contrary, I am often complimented (especially by my low insurance rates) on my driving skills.

I suggest a more proactive solution for you would be to find an A/C job where you can have a partner. Possibly a girlfriend or something to provide transport.

Last edited:

gettup

RIGHT not a PRIVILEDGE

Driver Licensing vs. Right to Travel

The forgotten legal maxim is that free people have a right to travel on the roads which are provided by their servants for that purpose, using ordinary transportation of the day. Licensing cannot be required of free people, because taking on the restrictions of a license requires the surrender of a right. The driver's license can be required of people who use the highways for trade, commerce, or hire; that is, if they earn their living on the road, and if they use extraordinary machines on the roads. If you are not using the highways for profit, you cannot be required to have a driver's license.

Driver Licensing vs. Right to Travel - TLP

ARIZONA PROVES THIS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1tkgmPHWKW0NGI4MWUyNWEtZjFkZC00ZjgyLTk2NWEtMmM0MDY0YWJhZTc5/edit?pli=1

gettup

Another Sovereign Citizen nutjob...
No need for the slander. Your comment does not contribute anything positive or worthwhile to the conversation. It doesn't offer any kind of solution for the OP, nor is it helpful in the least, it was uncalled for and quite rude. Who says I'm a nutjob? YOU? and that's supposed to make it so? I didn't write the Constitution that spells it out, nor any of the caselaw that backs it up. The only thing you accomplished here is a complete display of total ignorance.

Nobody likes ugly.

And you have the audacity call ME a nutjob?

Please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">