• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arkansas license suspension question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrdonato

I live in Arkansas. My husband just received a letter telling him that he has a hearing because his license may be suspended because of excessive traffic violations. He called and found out that he has 21 points on his record. Here is my question. Does anyone know how long points stay on the your record in Arkansas? I cannot find anything telling me how long points stay on your record. I can only find where it lists the penalties based on the number of points.

When my husband called to ask questions, he said that the lady on the phone was extremely rude. So I know I won't be able to talk him into calling for more information. If anyone knows and can tell me or if anyone can point me in the direction of where to look to find the answer, I would be very appreciative.What is the name of your state?

Ozark_Sophist

Your husband faces a six month suspension. He will have to meet certain conditions to have his license reinstated. Points accumulate on an annual basis

All of that information took 0.20 seconds to uncover on google. Spend that much time and you will uncover evidence your presidential candidate also has a failure to research his own ideas. :rolleyes:

Hey There

1-9-08
mrdonato

What agency did your husband call?
Who did he speak to?

Some lawyers will consult on a one time basis to point out the best arguments in support of retaining a driver's licence.
Perhaps a quick call to a lawyer's office would give you a definite answer on how long points remain on a driver's licence.
The main point for any driver is to know how many points accumulated in a time period may result in a licence suspension.
Some drivers pay the fine because it's the easiest thing to do even when the violation is in question. If this is the case,it would likely be to the driver's advantage to mention this at the hearing .(Re:
Beat Your Ticket,pub. NOLO).

Best Regards,
Hey There

mrdonato

1-9-08
mrdonato

What agency did your husband call?
Who did he speak to?

Some lawyers will consult on a one time basis to point out the best arguments in support of retaining a driver's licence.
Perhaps a quick call to a lawyer's office would give you a definite answer on how long points remain on a driver's licence.
The main point for any driver is to know how many points accumulated in a time period may result in a licence suspension.
Some drivers pay the fine because it's the easiest thing to do even when the violation is in question. If this is the case,it would likely be to the driver's advantage to mention this at the hearing .(Re:
Beat Your Ticket,pub. NOLO).

Best Regards,
Hey There
He called the Office of Driver Control in Jonesboro, AR. He does not remember a name, but he spoke to a lady. The reason I was asking about how long points stay on a record was to be able to determine if two tickets that he got that we know were bad were close to being removed (or whatever the correct term is) from his record. There are two tickets that he got quite a while ago that make up a large portion of his total number of points.

Thank you for advice about calling an attorney's office. Your response was polite, and I do appreciate that.

Ozark_Sophist

I was not asking what sort of suspension he faced. In fact, I stated in my original message that I HAD been able to find what the possible penalties were. In my Google search of 0.20 seconds, I found out that the possible penalty ranges from "no action to up to a 6 month suspension." MY question was how long do points stay on a driving record? Points DO NOT accumulate on annual basis, that much I am sure of. Two of the tickets that my husband discussed in his phone call with the Office of Driver Control were ones that had been received more than 15 months ago.

As far as my own personal, individual signature, it seems to have hit a nerve with you. I don't want to venture off topic in a board that is devoted to speeding and moving violations. But if you would like to point me in the direction of a political board where a political discussion would not be off-topic, I would to love to discuss the ideas of the presidential candidate that I happen to prefer and whether or not his ideas are thoroughly researched.
Points do accumulate on an annual basis. That doesn't mean all the points drop off after a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">