• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arkansas No Proof of Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pandaking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

My father had bought me a truck from a police auction to use at college. The truck came with no temporary tag but the sheriff that sold us the truck told us that as long as we explained ourselves and showed the proper paper-work (If we ever got pulled over) that we would be fine.

My dad wanted to have the car under my name so we were looking for the title and realized it came with none. I mailed my father all the original forms so he could get the title and I had copies. He told me on Wednesday that he just got word that the title was being sent. So I went ahead and started filing for insurance with geico. I clicked through the final step and walked away from my computer. Happy that I finally had insurance I decided to go and get some taco bell.

On the way back I was pulled over for not having tags. The policeman asked if I had insurance and being nervous I told him I wasn't sure. and just gave him the papers I had. He let me off for the tags but gave me a citation for no proof of insurance(Ahead of time. I'm not going to ask how to get out of this ticket).

I arrived home after the incident and walked to my computer to notice the page has not moved. I sat there and frantically clicked on the final "continue" step. It finally sent and I sat waiting staring at my screen.I got the ticket at 3:50P.M.(CST). and Geico said they were processing my information at 4:28P.M.(CST) and I finally got confirmation 20 minutes later... I was at a loss for words. I printed out all the forms a bit happy, thinking the policy would be active the day I paid for it. Then I noticed the policy said it would start on the 17th. My heart sunk. This is my first ticket and I'm pretty nervous.

In no way am I trying to point blame at anyone other than myself. I understand that I should have waited and confirmed the insurance. Now I wonder how I should plead when I appear in court. Personally I was planning on pleading guilty and with the information I just gave here.

Thank you.
Andrew N.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">