• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest warrant for fta over traffic ticket..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjjcent

This is for the state of CA..

I went to my state dmv's website and searched for my drivers license info. I found the following information :
One ticket back (not wearing a seatbelt) in 08, action taken , moved to collections..

And the other ticket issued on 09 ( not stopping / driving without license but I had my number in hand ), Action was an arrest warrant placed.

What do I do to have this lifted? It says the only option I have is to.set a court date.. what do I expect on my court date..? What's the best case scenario for me? I don't want to go to jail. I could try calling the clerk office but I feel all theyll tell me is the same , I need to set s court date.. I don't have money as of now to pay the fines.. can I set up a payment plan / opt for community service ? Anything to keep me out of jail. Thanks in advance, I'm devastated.

I_Got_Banned

One ticket back (not wearing a seatbelt) in 08, action taken , moved to collections...
That is an infraction... Jail time is not part of the penalty... You need to contact the court to schedule an appearance where you can either present a defense of request a fine reduction from the judge. The amount due will include the fine for the sea belt violation, an additional fine for failing to appear/pay in a timely manner as well as collection fees. If you are unable to pay, some courts do offer payment plans.

And the other ticket issued on 09 ( not stopping / driving without license but I had my number in hand ), Action was an arrest warrant placed.
If you didn't have your license, then you didn't have your license... Simply having the number is not a valid defense. "Driving without a license" can be cited as a misdemeanor... Although all you would have had to do was show up in court and show your valid license and that part would have been dismissed, but if you failed to appear on a misdemeanor charge, then a warrant can be issued.

And by "not stopping", do you mean not stopping at a red light/stop sign, or not stopping when the office attempted to pull you over? If it is the latter, then that may explain the warrant. Otherwise, I am not sure why a warrant was issued...

What do I do to have this lifted? It says the only option I have is to.set a court date...
Well, then the answer is obvious... "set a court date..."

what do I expect on my court date..? What's the best case scenario for me?
The answer to these questions depends on your answer to my question (about "not stopping").

I don't have money as of now to pay the fines.. can I set up a payment plan / opt for community service ?
Some courts offer payment plans and community service in lieu of a fine (those I'd still expect you to pay part of the fine and work off the rest. So you'll have to inquire with the court.

Randyvine

This is for the state of CA..

I went to my state dmv's website and searched for my drivers license info. I found the following information :
One ticket back (not wearing a seatbelt) in 08, action taken , moved to collections..

What do I do to have this lifted? It says the only option I have is to.set a court date.. what do I expect on my court date..? What's the best case scenario for me? I don't want to go to jail. I could try calling the clerk office but I feel all theyll tell me is the same , I need to set s court date.. I don't have money as of now to pay the fines.. can I set up a payment plan / opt for community service ? Anything to keep me out of jail. Thanks in advance, I'm devastated.

I can't believe your even worried about going to jail. I'm listed as fugitive for FTAs and recently got a " Driving on a suspended," the cops previously came to my house over the FTAs and I greeted them at the door hoping they were going to take me. They said,
" Oh no, we don't do that anymore, " so they wrote me another ticket, of which I FTA once again. Then after that I got the ticket for
Driving on a suspended. Now I see I'm listed as fugitive on open access but I'm sitting right here on thee web at the same address they came to before over one year ago.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I can't believe your even worried about going to jail. I'm listed as fugitive for FTAs and recently got a " Driving on a suspended," the cops previously came to my house over the FTAs and I greeted them at the door hoping they were going to take me. They said,
" Oh no, we don't do that anymore, " so they wrote me another ticket, of which I FTA once again. Then after that I got the ticket for
Driving on a suspended. Now I see I'm listed as fugitive on open access but I'm sitting right here on thee web at the same address they came to before over one year ago.
This thread is coming up on 15 months old. Don't necropost.

Oh, and congratulations on being a fugitive :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">