• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for '3007 - Ran Red Light'...(no warrants)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdawg_dal

I posted my story in this thread. I'll sum it up here:
Officer pulls me over after going through an intersection that the traffic light went from Green to Yellow. He followed me from a parking lot of a hotel(note, hotel had a barn below it) and firstly accused me of DWI. When he realized I wasn't intoxicated, he tried to tell me my insurance binder was not legal proof of insurance. He then placed me under arrest without telling me why, I even asked.
A second officer pulls up to transport me. I asked the second officer why I was being arrested, he asked the first officer for the reason. The first officer told him for 'driving without insurance'. I told the second officer that I showed the first officer my insurance binder and told him where it was. The second officer walked to my vehicle, picked it up and, informed the first officer that it was.
The second officer asked the first officer again why I was being arrested. The first officer then told the second officer that I was being arrested for running a red light. I spent 16 hours in jail before seeing a judge. I was then finally presented with a traffic ticket stating that I ran a red light. I pled no contest, the judge gave me $50 time served. My court date is May 12th and after time served my ticket is ($203-50)$153.00
I have two witnesses(friends) from a vehicle that was in *front* of me saying that I did not run the red light and that I was sober.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

I recieved the police report today:
Crime: TC-594.007 Ran Red Light (I can not find anything about this in the traffic code)
Synopsis: On Friday, Aprit 29, 2005, I arrested ********* in the 100 block of N. Hwy 77 for running a red light.
Officer: (Officer's name is the second officer, not the arresting officer)
Reviewed by: (Officer's name is sgt, the arresting officer)

Last edited:

lwpat

First off I think that there is a lot more to the story. I have never heard of comeone being arrested for running a red light unless they refused to sign the ticket. In Texas and some other states they will take you to jail for refusing to sign.

Secondly if you have entered a plea of nolo that is the same as guilty. You have already had your chance in court.

If the second officer signed the ticket and either officer did not show for court then the ticket should have been dismissed on your motion. The court is not responsible for telling you what motions to make, that is why you retain an attorney.

tdawg_dal

No more to the story

The story is stated as it exactly happend, wholely. I am 22 years old and this police dept has been known to harrass people my age. This is the same dept that arrests people for driving past one point more than once in a day(no cruising zone). I was not presented or even asked to sign a ticket. Nolo contendo doesn't prevent me from filing civil suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">