• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for suspended drivers license and not driving.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashtre816

My boyfriend was arrested today for unpaid tickets from June 2013. His Oklahoma license was expired in April 2013 and he was driving in Florida in June 2013. The officers towed his rental then and let him go. We were pulled over as part of a unrelated task force operation where we were cleared but he was arrested in the passenger seat of my car in which I was driving. Can he really be arrested for a suspended license if he wasn't driving?

He wasn't read his Miranda Rights.

His charge details:

Statute: CAP-TRAFFIC
Description: CAPIAS - TRAFFIC
Charge Comment: DRIVING LICENSE SUSPENDED

I don't have money for bail and he is set for trial tomorrow. What should I expect with a case like this? Is it means for jail time?

OHRoadwarrior

You just said he was driving in Florida. When they discovered he was doing so on an expired license, they can charge him for it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My boyfriend was arrested today for unpaid tickets from June 2013. His Oklahoma license was expired in April 2013 and he was driving in Florida in June 2013. The officers towed his rental then and let him go. We were pulled over as part of a unrelated task force operation where we were cleared but he was arrested in the passenger seat of my car in which I was driving. Can he really be arrested for a suspended license if he wasn't driving?

His charge details:

I don't have money for bail and he is set for trial tomorrow. What should I expect with a case like this? Is it means for jail time?
There was no reason for the Miranda Rights to be read, so don't worry about that.

It sounds to me as if he had a warrant out for his arrest.

Ladyback1

His charge details:

It sounds like he had a warrant for his arrest for the original charges back in June.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">