• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Child Restraint Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dumbhubby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
Is there a law in PA where it prohibits transporting children, who require child seats, in the front seat of a pick up/mini pick up? If so can you please direct me to a link to this statute?
Thank you.

efflandt

Did you read the link? Where did you see anything prohibiting child safety seats, where they can be properly secured?

For common sense safety, make sure that any front airbag in child seat location is disabled automatically (based on weight) or manually. Airbags could cause, rather than prevent, injuries to small people. Although, I am not in PA, my GMC work truck has a key switch in the glove box to disable front passenger airbag. Otherwise what would people with pickup trucks do if they have no back seat?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">