• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automated traffic Enforcement in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AZ2002

I recieved a ticket in the mail from the City of Chandler. Apparently I was caught on camera running a yellow light (it turned red before I was through the intersection). They want me to mail them a check for a 160 bucks.

I think this will be about three points on my license, which will remain there for 5 years in the state of Arizona. My insurance will double.

My question is this - is this ticket enforceable? What recourse do I have? I don't have a problem paying the fine, but having my insurance rates double for five years dosen't sit well with me.

Any suggestions?

D

dabear

I dont like the cameras either. The camera only takes a picture of the license plate I believe. If that is the case, I would take it to court. No proof you were driving the vehicle. If it has a picture of you cheesing it going through the light, well your on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">