• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

avoid a collision, get a ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bitemenow10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

is it unlawful to pass to the right (through a safety zone on a highway) in order to avoid a collision?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

bitemenow10

noyoubiteyourself! hehe

thats what the officer who pulled me over called it to be quite honest i don't know what that thing is called (that thing being the triangular arrow looking thing that tells you when you are supposed to start merging over)

I_Got_Banned

What might come in real handy, is you posting the specific statute that you were cited for violating. Assuming you were cited that is.

We could play Traffic Jeopardy all week and probably end up getting nowhere!

I_Got_Banned

the charge is just like i said
"T: Driving Thru Safety Zone (M) l To Wit: Drive Thru Safety"
OK, so you were right, it is referred to as a "safety zone" in the FL Statute... But you are in violation for driving through it. Here:

Title XXIII Motor Vehicles:
Chapter 316 - STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL
Section 316.1355 Driving through safety zone prohibited​
.--No vehicle shall at any time be driven through or within a safety zone. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.​

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">