• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Avoiding California traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barijess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I got a traffic ticket for unavoidably going through a red light in Orange County California. I was driving a rental car. I have a NY state license and live in NY. What happens if I choose not to pay the fine?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I got a traffic ticket for unavoidably going through a red light in Orange County California. I was driving a rental car. I have a NY state license and live in NY. What happens if I choose not to pay the fine?
Then you will lose your NY License. Pay your fine.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm intrigued...how could it have been "unavoidable" to run the red? Did the brakes fail? Was a thug sitting next to you with a gun to your head? Did you get run in to from behind, forcing your car to enter the intersection?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">