• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ - PHOTO RED LIGHT TICKET

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AZdriver

I may have received a ticket in the mail for running a red light in Arizona. I have not responded. What are the repercussions for not responding? When I went through the intersection I was going ten miles under the speed limit with the flow of traffic and was too far gone to stop safely and not go into the intersection. What recourse do I have? Can this turn into a problem for me? If it gets to the point of process servers attempting to contact me, will it be more serious? Can I simply mail in my original fine and be cleared of problems? HELP, please!!!!!!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You either received a ticket or you didn't. The way you know is that it came with a bill and it had your picture.

Now, these are the arguments you can make:

1. Talk about what the light was before you entered intersection, talk about noticing the light and it takes human body reaction time to physically respond (i.e. foot on break). Talk about safer to go through intersection when already going and not enough time to stop rather than risk people behind you from stopping too quickly and hitting you.

2. Talk about this photo red light is revenue raising and not a safety issue.

3. Talk about this is not a summons (by law, you should have an official summons) every time you get a ticket. The ticket itself is merely a bill, not sufficient notice.

4. You have a right to face your accuser. (6th amendment due process rights). This is merely a photo camera, not an officer of the state. Hence, no witness. No way to confront accuser.

5. Since this is a picture and has to be printed, and mailed, there is a question as to chain of evidence issues --> truly authentic or tampered with. It is not like you see officer, officer writes ticket and hands it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">