• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Az Speed camera's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamacaliber

Hi..
I just moved to Arizona from Maryland.
I got my new Az dr. license, but am still saving up to get my license plate changed because they charge some type of tax on your vehicle and my md tag is still valid. I have informed my insurance company I live here now as well.
I got a job as a courier and have since received 6 camera tickets, each one is about 11 miles over limit. Some were in the same jurisdiction. They were mailed to my address in Md and forwarded here. I drive for a living and had no idea what the flashing even was...until I got the tickets. :( I was very worried to get my license taken away and therefore my source of income, so I mailed the bottom portion of all 6 in requesting a trial. I am very worried because each ticket is $181.50. Do you think I will get 6 separate appearances...a combo? I have been reading everything I can online, and would like your opinion. I have read that I should have ignored them, but that seems wrong. Case is though I did mail them in with my signature, what type of defense should I try for?? It would be great to try and get some if not all thrown out. I want to try to combind tickets and reduce total and I will need a payment plan..I know ignorance is no excuse, but I really didn't know...Baltimore, Md only had red light cameras, not speed cameras.

Thank you for your time..

Mamacaliber

The Occultist

I know ignorance is no excuse, but I really didn't know...Baltimore, Md only had red light cameras, not speed cameras.
Did MD not have speed limits either? Is that why you chose to drive faster than the limit?

Also, FYI, the state of Arizona has a ZERO day grace period for changing your tags; if you live here, and not as a student, then the tags on your vehicle need to be changed immediately.

As for your case, I am ignorant on how to deal with 6 different tickets that are all for the same thing. With what six different tickets can do to your insurance rates, you definitely need to seek the aid of a traffic attorney. Local attorneys know best what the courts want to hear, and as such present the highest potential for yielding the most favorable results. Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so you should take advantage of that and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Krysick

Sounds to me like you got a lot to lose. I definitely agree with The_Occultist that you should seek the aid of a traffic attorney.

Also, when they sent you it through the mail, it included the pictures of the violations, correct?

mamacaliber

So yes Maryland does have speed limits, and I never was given a ticket there. Back east the limit was 65mph max anywhere. Around here it can go up to 75mph. It seems to change from 65 to 55 faster than expected on highways when I wouldn't think it would reduce. So I see that I should consult an atty. Do you think that getting any paperwork from my courier company in ref to dates and times of incidents would help...

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Do you think that getting any paperwork from my courier company in ref to dates and times of incidents would help...
How do you think that would help? Proving that you were working at the time is not a justification for exceeding the posted speed limit.

mamacaliber

I guess I was thinking...the items delivered of course had to get to places at specific times..some were medical type deliveries. You are right work is not an excuse, Im just grasping at straws. I looked on the county court website and 4 of my tickets were assigned arraignment dates and judges, still 2 to go. Ironically so far 2 are same judge and 3 of 4 fall day after day. When I meet with judge who has more of my cases coming up, should I tell her and ask to do it all then?

mamacaliber

Also I am going to get my license plate changed before the first court appearance, Im sure that is important. I dont need anymore trouble. Do you think they will ask to see that? The pics on the tickets clearly show my maryland tag and everything was sent to MD. My Dr license was changed in August.

The Occultist

Also I am going to get my license plate changed before the first court appearance, Im sure that is important. I dont need anymore trouble. Do you think they will ask to see that? The pics on the tickets clearly show my maryland tag and everything was sent to MD. My Dr license was changed in August.
My guess is this will be a non-issue. Somebody might raise an eyebrow at it, but if they ask about it you can state that you have already taken care of that (assuming you have).

mamacaliber

Based on your knowledge...the 6 tickets would cost $1089.00, do you think getting a traffic lawyer will cost me less or more in long run? I mean a free consultation is one thing, but I have no idea what is a fair rate for a lawyer for this type of case. I don't want to make financial matters worse. I work 2 jobs/7days a week because I am a single Mom...therefore money is not free flowing...Also have you ever heard of the courts allowing payment plans? :confused:

The Occultist

Based on your knowledge...the 6 tickets would cost $1089.00, do you think getting a traffic lawyer will cost me less or more in long run? I mean a free consultation is one thing, but I have no idea what is a fair rate for a lawyer for this type of case. I don't want to make financial matters worse. I work 2 jobs/7days a week because I am a single Mom...therefore money is not free flowing...Also have you ever heard of the courts allowing payment plans? :confused:
You are thinking about this the wrong way. If you plead responsible (or are otherwise found to be guilty) of all these offenses, not only are you looking at that high a fine (including court fees, it's very possible that you will be paying even more than that), but you also need to consider the fact that there will be points assigned to your license, and your insurance company will jump all over that and increase your premium to an insane amount. If only for the premium increase alone, it is SO worth it to ensure that you have knowledgeable legal representation helping to mitigate the damages here. Like I said, take advantage of the free/cheap consultation(s) so that these lawyers can explain what it is they will be able to do for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">