• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ Speeding Ticket: TBD, options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surfer349

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hey all. Short and quick: Speeding ticket on a highway in Yuma County. I live in Phoenix. I just moved here, so still totally uncertain of process. Does AZ have any similar process to CA where I can do a Trial By Declaration or contest the ticket through the mail?

What about transferring the ticket court house to someplace closer? I called the court house and they said I could extend it 1 time, but it will cost a $20 late fee, and additionally, if I contest the violation, you lose the option to do traffic school. This is weird, because in CA, you can reschedule the court date several times and can do a long back-and-forth process.

One last question: The officer wrote the wrong time on the ticket (8am, rather than 8pm). Is this ground for dismissal?

surfer349

CA doesn't advertise how to fight tickets, in fact they blatantly LIE about the TR-205 forms...

General distrust of government is a good thing.

Besides, someone might know of specific ways to go about contesting and fighting a speeding ticket that isn't the most advertized...

Additionally, when I did call the court, it took 10 minutes of asking the phone operator variations of the same question until she finally said I was allowed to extend the court date by 1 month...so yea, I don't really trust what a government official says.

surfer349

that is a post for another topic, but quickly:

The back of a CA ticket states that the bail amount must be paid when a TBD request is submitted, however, there is no law requiring it. Bail is only required when the TR-205 is submitted, which is several weeks after requesting a TBD and setting a new court deadline, allowing time for discovery requests and statements from the citing agencies before submitting your defense with the TR-205.

PM me if interested in discussing the CA process further.

Back to the topic at hand though...the Arizona speeding ticket contesting process?

surfer349

zigner, pm me about this. It's on the back of every CA traffic ticket. I can share a lot of info about the CA TBD process.

Now, back to the AZ process. Is there anything similar to a TBD for AZ traffic infractions?

surfer349

Zigner, please stop de-railing the thread. This is not about CA tickets. I am asking specific questions regarding AZ traffic law. If you are interested in other topics, talk to me outside of THIS thread, please.

FlyingRon

No TBD or venue change in Arizona to the best of my knowledge (which is why you're getting no useful information).

If you have not done the Arizona traffic school in the past 24 months, you may get the points waived if you take the course. You'll need to contact the specific court to see what their process for that is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">