• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ traffic violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelwane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hello, I gotta appear on this tuesday. So I thought i'd get some advice. I got a letter from a court saying i'd missed a payment for a traffic fine. So the entire balance was due, and my driving priveledges had been suspended. I took care of it immediately over the phone, which got the suspension lifted with the court. But I didn't understand that id also have to go a MVD office and the suspension lifted with them. So I get pulled over, and ask the officer what I did wrong. He tells me Im driving on a suspended license, thats what i'm doing wrong. Proceeds to write me a ticket, with every violation imaginable. Driving on a suspended license, pocession of a suspended license and no valid drivers license.

So i'm not from this state, and i've never experienced anything like this. So I may sound completely clueless. But I was uneware that officers could run your plates and find out your drivers license status, and they can pull you over without you committing any sort of traffic violation??

The Occultist

But I was uneware that officers could run your plates and find out your drivers license status, and they can pull you over without you committing any sort of traffic violation??
Um, driving on a suspended license is committing a traffic violation.

Officers may run plates for any reason or no reason at all (well, there are some restrictions on that, but those don't really apply to you).

If you get your suspension lifted properly and go to court with proof that you are now in compliance, it is very likely that you'll see some form of leniency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">