• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Ticket - Driving Without Headlights / Tailights Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazzeraint

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I received a ticket for Traffic Citation for 24250 CVC - Lighting During Darkness

"During darkness, a vehicle shall be equipped with lighted lighting equipment as required for the vehicle by this chapter."

The officer who pulled me over cited Defective Tail-Lights; doesn't cvc 24250 really pertain to whether you're using your headlights?

The cop asked me about the tail lights, showed me the defective tail lights, and never once mentioned the head lights during the stop. I didn't notice the discrepancy until I had fixed the tail lights and went to get the ticket cleared at the local sheriff's station.

I just had my arraignment and pleaded "Not Guilty."

How do I get the ticket switched to a "fix-it" ticket, since the cop issued (as far as I understand the law) the wrong violation code on the ticket?

Shouldn't I be getting something like this instead? 24252(a) "Lighting equipment of required type, maintain in good working order." V C Section 24252 Lighting Equipment Requirements

What evidence will I need to prove my case?

Thanks so much. I could really use the money from a win here. I've done research on speeding ticket cases, but haven't found any information pertaining specifically to my problem.

asiny

I could really use the money from a win here.
You will not WIN any money - and if you fight this in court, you will lose. The citation you state says nothing about ONLY headlights. Tail lights would be part of the entire vehicles 'lighted lighting equipment'.

OHRoadwarrior

The chapter encompasses codes 24250 -26106.

So yeah, you can accept that you are guilty of 24252, by inference of 24250 and thus guilty of 24250.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">