• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Barely Legible Ticket w/ Incorrect Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ascore

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I got a speeding ticket a week and a half ago and looked at the ticket today. It is barely legible (ink hardly shows up on the ticket) but more importantly, it looks to me like the Court Date is incorrect. I am not sure if it says 3/7/09 or 31/7/09, but it certainly does not say 4/7/09, which is the date I have to pay the ticket or show up in court by.

The date of the ticket was March 20th, so the 3/7/09 clearly is wrong.

Do I have grounds for dismissal on this?

AC

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I got a speeding ticket a week and a half ago and looked at the ticket today. It is barely legible (ink hardly shows up on the ticket) but more importantly, it looks to me like the Court Date is incorrect. I am not sure if it says 3/7/09 or 31/7/09, but it certainly does not say 4/7/09, which is the date I have to pay the ticket or show up in court by.

The date of the ticket was March 20th, so the 3/7/09 clearly is wrong.

Do I have grounds for dismissal on this?

AC
Nope!

As long as you are aware of your appearance date, which you are, then an assumption that the date on the citation (one can equally assume that you read it wrong since it is barely legible) is not considered reason enough to have it dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">