• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

beat up by a police officer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evolution2050

On 6-04-2008 a sheriff in Osceola county Florida claims I made my wheels screech in a parking lot at the same time he told me to leave the fire zone and that I was looking at him when he waved his hand for me to leave, I did not see this sheriff anywhere in site and I did not hear any screeching of tires although I did have my radio quite loud when I left the lot. I thought I would drive around the streets to see what the neighborhood looks like because I never been to this part of Saint Cloud. Before I left the lot, I turned on my navigation system which is on my front windshield, it displayed a message, “do you want to continue on battery” I did not want to continue on battery so I reached for the plug but it was tangled around the emergency brake, I lifted it up about a quarter of the way to untangle the wire but I forgot to push the brake back down. I then put the plug in the cigarette lighter, turned on the navigation then the radio kind of loud and left the lot. I did notice that the car felt like it was in a low gear but it wasn’t, I said to my self it’s probably the same problem I had last time with the fuel filter so I gave the car more gas than I should of when I pulled away, I went about 8 MPH over the limit for about three seconds. After about three minutes I decided to pull over about one car length from the corner stop sigh because I was just wasting gas for nothing, about one minute after that, a plain car without any sirens or lights pulled in front of me while I was reading, I thought it was just someone who lived at the house that I was parked in front of so I continued to read, all of a sudden there is someone pulling very hard on my car door handle, punching my window so hard that I had to cover my eyes for several seconds because I thought it was going to shatter in my face, this person was yelling so loud that you could probably hear him from two blocks away, he was saying, open this door right now, you better open this door now, at this time I did not know that this was a sheriff because he was more towards the back door then the front and I could only see part of his body. I also have dark tinted windows that I have removed since then. After about six seconds I could see a green shirt so I thought it could be a police officer so I rolled down the window and he immediately began to grab, push, pull and smack the handcuffs on my wrist, he smacked the cuff on my wrist so hard it was swollen within minutes, I really didn’t want to get out of the car because I thought he was going to kill me, I knew he had the wrong person because I didn’t do anything wrong. I kept asking him, what did I do, please tell me what I did, your hurting me, please stop, tell me what I did, but he wouldn’t tell me, at this point I never saw a badge, maybe he had one on or maybe he didn’t. I still had my seatbelt on while he was trying to pull me out of the car. He then dragged me out of the car by the hand cuff and arm and pushed me. While this was going on I asked him again, what did I do, what did I do, please tell me, why are you doing this, please stop your hurting me. I kept repeating my self over and over but he did not tell me what I did. About three or four minutes after assaulting me he said “you left the scene” I said what scene and he didn’t answer me. I was wondering why he didn’t put the handcuff on my right wrist, later on I found out that it was broken. He tightened the one handcuff on my left wrist so tight that it stopped the blood and made my hand feel numb and tingly. Just when I thought the pushing and pulling stopped, it didn’t, I was standing still and then all of a sudden he threw me to the ground slammed the both of his legs on my back, his right knee was in my lower back and his left was in the middle with all his weight, then he put his knee on the back of my neck. When he slammed his knee in to my lower back it took away my breath and I was in very bad pain. He called for another officer to come to the scene because of the broken handcuff, if this officer is truthful he can tell you how tight the handcuff really was.
Now when I go outside I have a feeling that I am being watched by him or an officer that he works with.
This sheriff is very violent, he hits first and asks questions later. I don’t know if this matters or not but this sheriff never read me my rights and searched my car. My license has been clean for more than ten years. I’m also wondering why this sheriff had to resort to violence instead of just knocking on my window and telling me what I did. If he would have asked me for my registration I would have noticed that the emergency brake was on because the papers are located next to the brake. I would have explained to him that this is probably why the car was making that noise. I never tried to run, push, or hit him in any way I was just blocking his fist from slamming into my face for no reason. Like I said before, I thought he had the wrong person. He then had my car towed. I also spent 12 hours in jail and had to ware those orange pants and shirt I felt like a criminal. My life will never be the same.

Here is another incident I had with the same sheriff.
About two days later I noticed that my license was missing so I went back to the jail to see if they had it but they didn’t, I then went to the police station where I was arrested and asked the lady at the front desk if anyone had my license, so she made a phone call to someone in the building, a few seconds later she told me that the officer that arrested me has my license and that he will mail it to me, I said, what? Are you kidding me can you please ask him to come out here, about twenty five seconds later he came out very angry and said to me shouting, OUTSIDE NOW, he said what right do you have to come here yelling, I said I never yelled I just had an angry voice. He kept yelling and pointing his finger in my face I tried not to listen because I am already having nightmares of this sheriff. He then calmed down because he saw my mother, brother and my brothers wife approaching us because they were wondering why he was being so violent and pointing.
I then said to him, can I please have my license back, he said you don’t need your license back you already have one in your car, I told him the license in my car is the one that was lost and that I just found out that it was there after I picked up my car from the impound yard. I told him that I was told by the DMV and my lawyer that I am suppose to dispose of the license when I receive my new one, he told me that the DMV and my lawyer are wrong and that I do not have to dispose of it and that I can use it and won’t get in trouble, the other office next to him agreed with him by shaking his head, when I asked the other officer if this was correct, he did not answer me. After he stopped talking I asked him again can I please have my license and he gave it to me I said thank you and left.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">