• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Blessing!--Outcome of Unlawful Registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bronchial11

What is the name of your state? California

okay. so no one responded to my request... sad...but for those of you who might find yourselves in a similar situation, here was the outcome of my stressing stituatuion:

when I stood before the judge on wedsnesday, the prosecuting attorney asked me if I had current and proper registration on the car. I answered quickly and positvely answered "Yes, I do!" He stated he would be willing to reduce the charge to an infraction and a fine of $320.00 in exchange of proof of registration.

after i hurriedly retrieved the registration from my car, the judge dismissed my charge of a misdemeanor and replaced it with an infraction ( basically treated like a traffic ticket), i paid 320.00 and walked out of the court. talk about grace!!! i'll take an infraction over a misdemeanor on my driving record any day (it drops off in 3 years--the infraction) and i don't think it afffects my insurance infraction description: wrong registration in wrong car). this certainly beats the $1,000 - $3,000 that lawyers were requesting to get the same "possible" outcome.

what a blessing!!

Lesson learned: Don't be a fool over simple procedures; do the right thing and save yourself a load of worry, trouble embarassment, and bucks! Happy to pay $320.00 and it disappear vs a permanent misdemeanor on my record!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">