• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blinking red - 281$, not paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chris_N

state: ca

hi

i got a ticket for crossing a blinking red light (according to the officer about 50$). it turned out to be 281$, just like a red light violation. since i'm leaving the US soon, i'm thinking about not paying the fine. can this have any consequences when i try to reenter the country (visa, ins, ...)?
i wouldn't like to appear at court...

thank you
chris

racer72

If you do not pay the ticket, you will become a fugitive. If you attempt to re-enter the US later, you will be arrested and jailed. There is a very good chance you may be denied entry into the US. You will become what is known as citizen non grato. There are very few countries that allow people such as this in. Some are Nicarauga, Sudan, Chile, Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Belize. It is your choice.

JETX

Racer, though you do make it sound interesting, your post is really the extreme. Here is what is more likely to happen.
1) Don't pay the ticket.
2) Arrest warrant is issued.
3) You return to US without consequence.
4) You try to get new license in future, arrest warrant 'pops' up... no license and great meals.
5) Or, you get license, driving along one day and get pulled over in traffic stop. Officer checks you for 'wants and warrants', finds warrant, arrests you, tows car, pay attorney and tow fee and impound fee and ticket... get extended stay in County hotel.

K

Kaz the Minotau

:( :mad: You should just take your lumps and pay it. Take responsibility for your actions! :( :( :( :( :confused:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">