• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I just received a ticket for "Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle (police)"... however, there were two police cars who were both making a U-turn in the middle of traffic. The first car put his lights on mid-U-turn & the second car hesitated & then did not have her lights on at all. She pulled me over claiming i did not stop for an emergency vehicle. I did for the first one, but when i saw she did not have her lights activated I proceeded with the rest of traffic. She then made me follow her about 2 miles where she then wrote me a ticket.
I did yield to the car who had his lights on, is this legitiment to fight?
And was she allowed to take me two miles down the road, away from the scene of the incident to give me a ticket?

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I just received a ticket for "Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle (police)"... however, there were two police cars who were both making a U-turn in the middle of traffic. The first car put his lights on mid-U-turn & the second car hesitated & then did not have her lights on at all. She pulled me over claiming i did not stop for an emergency vehicle. I did for the first one, but when i saw she did not have her lights activated I proceeded with the rest of traffic. She then made me follow her about 2 miles where she then wrote me a ticket.
I did yield to the car who had his lights on, is this legitiment to fight?
I think the statute (had you posted which statute you are being charged with) does specifically say that she has to have her lights on before you are required to yield... However, what you are calling a "bogus ticket" might quite possibly be the most seriously enforced rule of the road not just in Florida, but in most states.
And was she allowed to take me two miles down the road, away from the scene of the incident to give me a ticket?
There could be a number of reasons why she did that... Her safety, your safety, traffic conditions, space limitations... etc. Point is, she is not required to pull you over exactly at the point where you committed the violation. So for you to expect that the citation should be dismissed based on that fact alone... Nice try but it won't work!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">