• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA 22101(d)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jefegelb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello.

Recently, I was taking my girlfriend to her new workplace. We exited off the highway and were traveling about 500 feet, when we noticed the street we were crossing was the street we should turn on.

As a result, I looked to see the area was clear, and slowly moved across to the left turn lane, albeit a bit late.

About 30 seconds - 1 minute later, a car pulled up behind us. Granted, we were not fully in the lane, we were stopped and not blocking traffic while waiting for the turn light to become green.

All of a sudden a police car pulls up along side of us and asks us to pull over.

The officer claimed we cut the other car off and cited us with vehicle code 22101d and wrote "restricted lane" next to the numbers.

He also checked off unsafe driving and put our speed as 10-15mph.

My girlfriend and I both claim there was no car near us and we were the only car there for that time until we stopped at the light.

We also checked the lanes before quickly moving over to the turn lane.

I got a copy of the officer's notes. He claims I entered the left turn lane too late and passed the limit line.

He also claims I cut off a car, which I did not. My witness will testify to that.

Any way to fight this?

How can we fight this, as this seems ridiculous?

Please let me know.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Regardless of the information that you may receive on "fighting" this - please remember that the state's expert witness trumps your witness...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">