• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(CA)Found Guilty in Trial by Written Decleration...don't know what to do now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dilwalijatti

What is the name of your state? California
City: San Jose

I got a speeding ticket on I-87. I was driving properly and going 65 in the 65 mph zone. I was in the far left lane (fast lane) when I noticed that there were 2 motorcycle officers immediately behind me. They were following pretty closely so I assumed that they wanted to go faster because 1) they are on a motorcycle 2) they are cops. Well I immediately changed lanes and I guess they changed lanes at the same time because I think they might have been trying to get around me. Thinking I had gotten in there way I changed lanes again and so did they at the same time!! Again I think that they were trying to pass me and I just kept blocking them. Well finally I speeded up a bit and changed lanes thats when the officers pulled me over. He said I had his 75mph. I told him I was simply getting out of his way. And I told him to believe me because I am not stupid enough to speed when there are not 1 but 2 officers immediately behind me and I immediately decelerated as well. Also, I had to accelerate to change lanes in order to avoid hitting other cars. I plead not guilty and did a trial by written decleration and the judge still found me guilty. Now I will do a Trial de Novo but I am confused if I should plead guilty or not guilty. I honestly feel that I am not guilty. They are telling me that I am not eligible for traffic school. I can't have this on my record. If I plead guilty at the Trial de Novo will the judge allow me to have traffic school? Otherwise I can just tell him my side of the story again and then if the judge still finds me guilty ...request traffic school. I am really very confused right now. I feel like I am losing trust in the judicial system... Any suggestions will help. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">