• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Red Light Ticket: Need HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crackernutt

The officer gave me a ticket for running a red light which I didn't do, it was yellow arrow (I was turning left) however the citation which the officer gave me is CVC 21453(a): A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b). This is for a "circular red signal" when the citation is suppose to be for a "red arrow." The citation for this is CVC 21453(c): A driver facing a steady red arrow signal shall not enter the intersection to make the movement indicated by the arrow and, unless entering the intersection to make a movement permitted by another signal, shall stop at a clearly marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication permitting movement is shown.

I'm contesting the ticket by a Trial by Written Declaration. Would it help if I point out the error in the citation the officer gave me which is instead of being a "red arrow" infraction he gave me a "red light."

CdwJava

It might help. It likely couldn't hurt. But, if the officer amends it before court, you're toast.

KNock yourself out.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">