• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA--Traffic School Denied?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms2723

I got my first speeding ticket (age 25), in Sacramento CA in April. I was unable to pay the fine for the ticket so the jude let me do community service, in lieu of the $380 fine. I was told by the traffic court clerk that once I completed the community service I would be able to file a motion to request traffic school. So I did.

I just received a notice in the mail, saying that the judge DENIED my request for traffic school. I havent had any other tickets or done traffic school in the past 18 months AND I completed the community service by the deadline. I do not understand why I would not be able to complete traffic school? Any ideas? Sort of stressing out about the hit to my insurance!

Thank! :)

Last edited:

chuchodeplaya

I’m afraid you needed to pay$$ to qualify for traffic school or community service in lieu to pay... not both

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

How many miles over the limit were you cited for?

Regardless, the time to ask for traffic school was when you entered your "guilty" plea, not a few months later...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">