• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA, violation 22106

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

d3mona

What is the name of your state (CA)?
I was citied for 22106, which is No person shall start a vehicle stopped, standing, or parked on a highway, nor shall any person back a vehicle on a highway until
such movement can be made with reasonable safety.
I was in a AmeriGas's parking lot. I made a sharp left turn into a one way street, E Virginia Street, and then made a complete stop. To the left of my car, there was a parked car, called A. I decided to parallel park behind the car B in front of A of about 5 feet.

two hundred feet behind me, there was incoming cars coming into the one street lane about 25 mph, turning sharply.
while making a complete full stop, I reverse my car which had a white light to indicate I wanted to reverse. Additionally, I had my left signal on to signal the drive I had to reverse my car about 15 feet to parallel park. I did so very slowly, stopped when I see a car entering the corner. I saw about three cars enter E Viginal Street, so I decided to make a full stop to allow the driver behind me to adjust. Each driver signal to the right and move a lane to the right. When no cars was in sight, I decided to continuing reversing. Until I finally reverse into the 18 inches of the curb.
Can i Argue that parallel parking was safe ?

A map of this street may look like this
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (CA)?
I was citied for 22106, which is No person shall start a vehicle stopped, standing, or parked on a highway, nor shall any person back a vehicle on a highway until
such movement can be made with reasonable safety.
I was in a AmeriGas's parking lot. I made a sharp left turn into a one way street, E Virginia Street, and then made a complete stop. To the left of my car, there was a parked car, called A. I decided to parallel park behind the car B in front of A of about 5 feet.

two hundred feet behind me, there was incoming cars coming into the one street lane about 25 mph, turning sharply.
while making a complete full stop, I reverse my car which had a white light to indicate I wanted to reverse. Additionally, I had my left signal on to signal the drive I had to reverse my car about 15 feet to parallel park. I did so very slowly, stopped when I see a car entering the corner. I saw about three cars enter E Viginal Street, so I decided to make a full stop to allow the driver behind me to adjust. Each driver signal to the right and move a lane to the right. When no cars was in sight, I decided to continuing reversing. Until I finally reverse into the 18 inches of the curb.
Can i Argue that parallel parking was safe ?

A map of this street may look like this
Google Maps
You can argue it's safe, and the officer can argue it wasn't. Guess whose testimony will carry greater weight...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">