• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CALIFORNIA: Approx Speed 65, Max Speed 65, but got ticket 22349(A)??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jadedragon

State of Violation: CALIFORNIA

I received a ticket with 22349(A) VC Speeding 65+ on it, and the officer wrote down in the box 'Speed Approx' '65', and in 'P.F./Max Spd.' '65'.

What is this ticket really for? I am going to request a trial by declaration, and was wondering what the odds of winning on this ticket is? Some people say that this should have just been thrown out, case closed when the court got the ticket, to send me information on bail/traffic school. But they still sent me the notice to appear and everything. Can anyone help or comment on this issue? :confused:

Last edited:

CdwJava

The clerk of the court isn't going to dismiss the citation as s/he does not have the authority so they have to send the notice out.

I'd say that unless they send you a notice of correction to mod, someone cited you for the wrong section and your written declaration will probably prevail.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">