• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

california cvc 22349(a)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

looney417

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

The officer states 84mph on the ticket, showed me his lidar gun, how do i know it was me and not the person in front of me? (there were 3 cars in front of me that actually started to pull over as well, but he went behind me and got me.) We were all going at the speed of traffic. sigalert always posts high speeds for the 73, just as a reference of speed of the freeway.

If it makes a difference, what are the limitations of distance when using a lidar, how and when do i request/subpoena lidar calibration information, because he had to have clocked me, from far away, which begs the question, if i had been going at the given speed, how can he have easily caught me without endangering traffic, so (a) i must not have been going at the speed or (b) he was endangering the public by coming out during

he is positioned in such a way that he was perpendicular to traffic, left of the yellow line on a relatively fast freeway (the beginning first few miles are public, then becomes a toll road).

i was trying to look for laws in the CVC that say you cannot cross a solid (single) yellow line, except in emergencies. but cannot find it, maybe its a federal law? but im confident that is a law. and all people, cop or not, have to abide. i dont think that'll get me out of the ticket though. but i can knock him down a little in court.

where can i find any laws, that pertain to these subjects, that i can reference too as a liable source.

any advice that is beneficial to my post is/are greatly appreciated.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The officer states 84mph on the ticket, showed me his lidar gun, how do i know it was me and not the person in front of me?

The Lidar beam width is very narrow. At typical lock-in distances the beam is only about 8 inches wide.

If it makes a difference, what are the limitations of distance when using a lidar

Depends on the set and weather conditions. I have used Lidar out to about 3000 feet.

i was trying to look for laws in the CVC that say you cannot cross a solid (single) yellow line, except in emergencies. but cannot find it, maybe its a federal law?

Check the MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices). I believe it's published by the FHTSA. Many if not all states use it as a guide. CA might have a statute somewhere which basically adopts the MUTCD at the state level word for word.

because he had to have clocked me, from far away

Must have? Why, because you didn't see him in his hiding spot? If you don't know where he was then don't assume anything. I have stopped many people who had no idea where I came from and started making ridiculous assumptions on the side of the road about where I must have been.

I_Got_Banned

he was endangering the public by coming out during
cannot cross a solid (single) yellow line, except in emergencies.
You should also look for the CVC that states no parking in the center median... How dare he do that..

Oh, and what a hypocrite to pull you over for speeding when he had to have sped up to catch up to you...

And don't forget that when he pulled over behind you on the side of the freeway... He violated the no parking on the freeway unless its an emergency.

No pedestrians either... So you should also bring up the he had to have walked from his car to yours.

I'll post more if I can think of anything else... Good luck!

looney417

"because he had to have clocked me, from far away

Must have? Why, because you didn't see him in his hiding spot? If you don't know where he was then don't assume anything. I have stopped many people who had no idea where I came from and started making ridiculous assumptions on the side of the road about where I must have been."

i saw him, it is very open, theres no hiding places. didn't assume, i know where he was on the freeway, i take that route every day.

"Depends on the set and weather conditions. I have used Lidar out to about 3000 feet." hmm...thats within range of where he got me. as for weather, wont help me.

"i was trying to look for laws in the CVC that say you cannot cross a solid (single) yellow line, except in emergencies. but cannot find it, maybe its a federal law?

Check the MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices). I believe it's published by the FHTSA. Many if not all states use it as a guide. CA might have a statute somewhere which basically adopts the MUTCD at the state level word for word."

I will look, thanks for the information, that'll take some time to look over as well, it took me a while to look over only a few laws.

as for i_got_banned's comments, i'm taking them as condescending, you're ignorance is bliss. a law enforcement officer is not above the law. no, he did not pull me over on the freeway, and you are allowed to pull over on a freeway when appropriate. **** i did ask nicely on my post for beneficial comments only. so keep posting, i really dont mind, they're very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">