• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California HP speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JIMinCA

Hey lolly -

A few traffic cites here and there come no-where close to plugging the states multi-BILLION dollar gap. So you can just stop barking up that tree... :rolleyes:
Traffic tickets are a billion dollar industry for CA. Without the ticket income, the State would be bankrupt.

The state is just about bankrupt.

The Administrative Office of the Courts; however, is doing very well with their fat cat payrolls and ballooned unmonitored budget. Tickets have gone up about $70 in the past few years with $40 of it going straight into those coffers for pet projects through the AOC.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Traffic tickets are a billion dollar industry for CA. Without the ticket income, the State would be bankrupt.
The projected deficit this year is 19 BILLION - tell me again how that loss of a "billion dollar industry" would bankrupt the state... :rolleyes:

I am NOT saying that the state does not derive income from it - rather, I'm saying it is foolish to believe that somehow the fines collected from traffic tickets make some huge difference in the deficit this state is facing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">