• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Seatbelt Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M63mouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, Yesterday I was driving, my husband was my passenger and I was pulled over. The officer said my husband was not wearing his seatbelt (he was). When we passed the officer my husband was adjusting the shoulder harness because he had been leaning over towards the center of the car speaking with my daughter who was in the back seat. I am assuming he saw my husband touching the shoulder strap leading him to believe he was not wearing a seatbelt. The officer was very arrogant and didn't want to listen. How can I fight this? I know the ticket is only $20.00 but it is the principal. My car has a sensor that continues to beep if my passenger is not wearing his seatbelt so no one rides in my car without their belt on because it would drive me crazy. My daughter & I are both witnesses that no beeping was going on meaning his belt was fasteed. Any advice is appreciated.

JIMinCA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, Yesterday I was driving, my husband was my passenger and I was pulled over. The officer said my husband was not wearing his seatbelt (he was). When we passed the officer my husband was adjusting the shoulder harness because he had been leaning over towards the center of the car speaking with my daughter who was in the back seat. I am assuming he saw my husband touching the shoulder strap leading him to believe he was not wearing a seatbelt. The officer was very arrogant and didn't want to listen. How can I fight this? I know the ticket is only $20.00 but it is the principal. My car has a sensor that continues to beep if my passenger is not wearing his seatbelt so no one rides in my car without their belt on because it would drive me crazy. My daughter & I are both witnesses that no beeping was going on meaning his belt was fasteed. Any advice is appreciated.
Simple... go to court and state your case just as you did here. You sound sincere and believable. You should do well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">