• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Traffic Ticket - Following to close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHA

The Occultist said:
Not having any tickets/violations/accidents doesn't mean you are a safe driver, just that you've never gotten caught being unsafe, or those driving nearby were even safer and thus were able to avoid your poor driving! :p
Jealousy doesn't become anyone. :D

atbatt

California - Driving to Close CVC21703

So having read the posts and comments going back and forth - does anyone have an idea or thought of which direction I should go to try and fight this ticket?

Thank you all in advance.

You Are Guilty

atbatt said:
So having read the posts and comments going back and forth - does anyone have an idea or thought of which direction I should go to try and fight this ticket?

Thank you all in advance.
As an admitted attorney, I'm a big proponent of the "Lie Your Ass Off To The Judge" method, however, it has some rather, ah, 'unfortunate' side effects, not the least of which is obtaining a very large "boyfriend".

Plan B is to tell the truth and hope for the best.

rmet4nzkx

From the general opinions of others here it would seem that you were following too close, but the officer's opinion is subjective, so it does allow you some wiggle room and perhaps you can tell your story and prove that you have current defensive driving training and an outlet on the track, however, check with the court and see if they wil allow you to take TVS if you lose, if not, it might be worth the effort and the additional cost to avoid the points and increased insurance. BTW these days you can take the course online!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">