• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cambridge MA; Illegal left turn from 7AM-10AM: Worth challenging?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swortis

Hello,

I was caught in a 'turning trap' yesterday in Cambridge, MA. There is a street where left turns are prohibited from 7-10AM on weekdays. They had a number of us pulled over at 9:50AM.

While the fine is not excessive I'm concerned that 'points' will be added to my driving record at a cost of about $100/year for the next five years or so - a seemingly high price to pay for an offense that is not so much safety related as a way to placate a particularly wealthy street.

The ticket is marked "Civil Infraction".

Will this add 'points' to my record? I'm willing to plead my case to a magisrate but not unless it actually effects my driving record.

swortis

That turning left at the wrong time of day should not cost someone with an otherwise spotless record $700.

davew128

Moving violations are 2 STEP points unless your company allows a forgiveness factor in not assigning points because of no other moving violations in the last six years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">