• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camera speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clula

What is the name of your state?Arizona

I received a speeding ticket in the mail. I was not driving the vehicle, as I loaned the car to some friends that were moving. Am I required by law to say who was driving. If I do not, will I have to pay for the ticket. I don't see how I can be held accountable for this, as I clearly not the one in the picture.

Thanks
Char

lwpat

Call the court and enter a plea of not guilty. When you show up for trial they will not be able to identify you as the driver and will have to dismiss the citation.

they will probably try to make you identify the driver but there is no requirement that you have to testify.

Of course you can always tell the driver to take care of it so you do not have the hassle.

Last edited:
Camera Ticket

Does the ticket have court information on it?

The reason I ask this is because in CA, the cities are issueing fake red light tickets in an attempt to get you to identify the driver. Arizona may be following suit.

I'd make a quick call to a traffic law attorney and double check what you're legal requirements are.

N

NotACopOrLawyer

Good advice, so far...

Here's something you don't often hear around here: I agree with the advice given by the previous post-ers!

Plead not guilty, go to court, tell the judge "it's not me." And keep in mind that along the journey towards your appointment with the judge you will meet "officials," including the cops and the window clerks at the courthouse, who will twist your arm and try to get you to identify the driver. Be nice to them - they are "just following orders." But don't let them con you out of your right to see the judge.

If you want to minimize the number of visits to the courthouse, you can enter the not guilty plea, put up the bail (if required), and be given your appointment date, by mail or even over the phone (credit card required).

For more details, see the "It's Not Me" section on the Your Ticket page on the website http://www.highwayrobbery.net

When it's all over, please come back here and let us know how it went.

NACOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">