• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camera ticket in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b0r1cha

What is the name of your state?
CA

So i currently attend santa monica college. on Bundy and Pico there is a camera on the streets. i was making a left onto pico waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. there was a van in front of me who didnt go til the last minute when it was yellow. I turned and i am almost positive i saw a flash.

Now my friend told me that legally 2 cars can turn on a yellow. i was just wondering if that is true.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state?
CA

So i currently attend santa monica college. on Bundy and Pico there is a camera on the streets. i was making a left onto pico waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. there was a van in front of me who didnt go til the last minute when it was yellow. I turned and i am almost positive i saw a flash.

Now my friend told me that legally 2 cars can turn on a yellow. i was just wondering if that is true.
Yes, it's true. But it has nothing to do with your situation.
Wait to see if you get a ticket in the mail, then come back if you do.

CdwJava

It may have been yellow when the car in front of you turned, but was it ASTILL yellow when YOU made the turn?

There is no "two car" rule on a yellow light. You may turn if the light is yellow, but don't be stuck in the intersection when it turns red.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">