• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camera ticketing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrookedSystem

So I live in Hollywood and there is an intersection with a police camera which takes pictures of cars as they violate the law. The problem is this camera never stops taking pictures, it takes pics of almost every car no matter what. I don't like this, not only is it probably illegal but it's a waste of tax payer money. How would I go about making the city realize their mistake and stop spying on literally every car on the road? This is ridiculous and I'm tired of it. Is there a number I can call?

racer72

There was a similiar situation near where I live, after a few complaints to a local TV station, they investigated and it was determined that the red light camera was indeed malfunctioning. It was fixed and all tickets sent out based on the camera from the previous 2 weeks were dismissed.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The way Crooked describes it, it's not a red light camera, but it's hard to tell.

You are describing a public place. There is no issue with the government putting up surveillance cameras in public places. If you don't like it then avoid that intersection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">