• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anything be done for speeding ticket while visiting DC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atj2

Any suggestions on course of action for speeding ticket in Washington, DC for 45 in a 25 on a big street, keeping up with traffic, in a rental car?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

Sure. Pay it. I see no reason you have to contest it so do what is proper and pay the thing.
Then go in peace and speed no more and this question will never need to cross your lips again.

I_Got_Banned

Well, you can also ignore it... Foge-tta-bou-tit... Avoid the worry the hassle & the cost... :eek:

With as little info as you posted and with a flat out straight up admission of guilt, did you really expect some magical answer that will make a speeding citation of almost twice the limit go away?

FlyingRon

DC traffic adjudication is a royal pain and rarely results in any advantage in appearing (especially since you admit you were guilty).
Pay the ticket before the late penalties start to accrue.

Maestro64

I am assuming since DC has automatic speed enforce cameras all over the place, and you were in a rental car, you were notified by the rental company you have a ticket. You will pay no matter what, if you ignore, the rental car company will pay then hit your charge CC so you pay anyway. As it was pointed out, fight a ticket in DC is royal PITA, they do not make it anyway easy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">