• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can cameras detect whether one came to a full stop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baltik

Being charged with VC 21453A, photos clearly show me in the intersection during a red light but i am making a legal right hand turn. I am considering fighting this with a trial by declaration stating that i was making a legal turn and was ticketed in error. I was ticketed a while ago so i am not sure whether i came to a full stop or not - so would the court have any evidence of that based on data from the camera?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Being charged with VC 21453A, photos clearly show me in the intersection during a red light but i am making a legal right hand turn. I am considering fighting this with a trial by declaration stating that i was making a legal turn and was ticketed in error. I was ticketed a while ago so i am not sure whether i came to a full stop or not - so would the court have any evidence of that based on data from the camera?
There will be more than one photo. Put together, they will show your location, speed and before/after shots showing the light was red.

baltik

Zigner

They measured your speed at 19 mph. There is no way you got up to 19 mph from a dead stop on a right turn...

baltik

They measured your speed at 19 mph. There is no way you got up to 19 mph from a dead stop on a right turn...
you are probably right although my car's official 0-60 is 4.7 sec

anyonethink this is worth fighting?

Zigner

you are probably right although my car's official 0-60 is 4.7 sec

anyonethink this is worth fighting?
0-60 from a dead stop to turn a corner? :rolleyes:
In any case, the speed is measured at the point of the first photo...

Edit: I can promise you that some will think it's worth fighting :)
Check out www.helpigotaticket.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">