• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a cop re-write a traffic ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcasey65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was driving my nieces car and was on the way to take her to the hospital, a cop pulled me over and said her tag was expired. They checked my lisence and said my lisence was suspended for no insurance. My niece got both tickets but one said she was driving with suspended lisence. She is not the one that was driving and her lisence is good. When she realized the tickets were in her name she got mad and called the officer to try to her her to put then in my name. Can a cop rewrite the tickets into my name after a week has pasted?

FlyingRon

Well most likely in the case of having the wrong person, they'll dismiss the first one and issue you a new one. They have a long time to charge you and charges can be amended up until the trial starts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">