• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can cops hide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blk96gt

ok heres the deal im in iowa and i was cruzing downthe road at 80mph in a 55 and there was a cop parked in the entrance to a cornfield. the weeds were higher than his car and he didnt have any lights on no parking lights and no domelights no headlights nothing my question is can cops hide like that cuz i always heard that was entrapment and that they gotta have some kind of light on. help would be highly appreciated cuz im gonna fight if in fact that is entrapment thanx plz help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

blk96gt said:
ok heres the deal im in iowa and i was cruzing downthe road at 80mph in a 55 and there was a cop parked in the entrance to a cornfield. the weeds were higher than his car and he didnt have any lights on no parking lights and no domelights no headlights nothing my question is can cops hide like that cuz i always heard that was entrapment and that they gotta have some kind of light on. help would be highly appreciated cuz im gonna fight if in fact that is entrapment thanx plz help

My response:

That's right! Cops MUST always flash their lights and wave flags and jump up and down, and anything else to inform you of their presence. They cannot hide. That's just wrong. Fight your ticket and tell the judge you were "entrapped" into speeding and that if the cop wasn't hidden, or was waving a flag, or flailing his arms, you would never have been speeding.

Go get em' kiddo!

IAAL

HomeGuru

blk96gt said:
**A: are you serious? Of course cops can hide. Haven't you hear of undercover cops?

CdwJava

This is largely a myth. To find out if there is any truth to the matter, you would have to check with a lawyer in Iowa. If he was running radar, apparently enough of his vehicle was visible to tag you with it.

I think you'll find the recommendation will be to pay the fine.

Carl

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, please, HomeGuru. Cops can't hide! There's the "Cornfield Exception Rule".

IAAL
**A: Oh crap, I totally forgot about the CE Rule. Thanks for the heads up. I'm all ears now.

B

blk96gt

it was at night time and i had my brights on and i still didnt see him until i looked out my driver side window and there he was he was only visibile when you were right in front of him you could not see him from the side not only that but i have an 8 ball pool ball for a shifterknob and i was highly offended when he asked me what that 8 ball meant to me and i replied not sure whats it mean to you? im not a crackhead your judging a book by its cover

Last edited:

HomeGuru

blk96gt said:
it was at night time and i had my brights on and i still didnt see him until i looked out my driver side window and there he was he was only visibile when you were right in front of him you could not see him from the side not only that but i have an 8 ball pool ball for a shifterknob and i was highly offended when he asked me what that 8 ball meant to me and i replied not sure whats it mean to you? im not a crackhead your judging a book by its cover
**A: thanks for the additional stickshift information as it is totally relevant to your case.

M

meerkat3232

Cornier than the cornfield.

Besides the cornfields, they can also hide in Peach Tree orchards, these cops are commonly refered to as "The Peach Fuzz". :)

dequeendistress

Apparently the lights are the only thing bright in his post(s).

Oh, and by the way, if you were traveling at 80 mph, do you really think it would matter if you did catch a glimpse of his patrol car? Really now. can you see further than radar or lidar?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">