+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: can cops hide

  1. #1
    blk96gt Guest

    Exclamation can cops hide

    ok heres the deal im in iowa and i was cruzing downthe road at 80mph in a 55 and there was a cop parked in the entrance to a cornfield. the weeds were higher than his car and he didnt have any lights on no parking lights and no domelights no headlights nothing my question is can cops hide like that cuz i always heard that was entrapment and that they gotta have some kind of light on. help would be highly appreciated cuz im gonna fight if in fact that is entrapment thanx plz help
  2. #2
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    38,165
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt
    ok heres the deal im in iowa and i was cruzing downthe road at 80mph in a 55 and there was a cop parked in the entrance to a cornfield. the weeds were higher than his car and he didnt have any lights on no parking lights and no domelights no headlights nothing my question is can cops hide like that cuz i always heard that was entrapment and that they gotta have some kind of light on. help would be highly appreciated cuz im gonna fight if in fact that is entrapment thanx plz help

    My response:

    That's right! Cops MUST always flash their lights and wave flags and jump up and down, and anything else to inform you of their presence. They cannot hide. That's just wrong. Fight your ticket and tell the judge you were "entrapped" into speeding and that if the cop wasn't hidden, or was waving a flag, or flailing his arms, you would never have been speeding.

    Go get em' kiddo!

    IAAL
  3. #3
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,916
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt
    ok heres the deal im in iowa and i was cruzing downthe road at 80mph in a 55 and there was a cop parked in the entrance to a cornfield. the weeds were higher than his car and he didnt have any lights on no parking lights and no domelights no headlights nothing my question is can cops hide like that cuz i always heard that was entrapment and that they gotta have some kind of light on. help would be highly appreciated cuz im gonna fight if in fact that is entrapment thanx plz help
    **A: are you serious? Of course cops can hide. Haven't you hear of undercover cops?
  4. #4
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    38,165
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGuru
    **A: are you serious? Of course cops can hide. Haven't you hear of undercover cops?

    My response:

    Oh, please, HomeGuru. Cops can't hide! There's the "Cornfield Exception Rule".

    IAAL
  5. #5
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,523
    This is largely a myth. To find out if there is any truth to the matter, you would have to check with a lawyer in Iowa. If he was running radar, apparently enough of his vehicle was visible to tag you with it.

    I think you'll find the recommendation will be to pay the fine.

    Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

    "Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

    Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

    -- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
  6. #6
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,916
    Quote Originally Posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE
    My response:

    Oh, please, HomeGuru. Cops can't hide! There's the "Cornfield Exception Rule".

    IAAL
    **A: Oh crap, I totally forgot about the CE Rule. Thanks for the heads up. I'm all ears now.
  7. #7
    blk96gt Guest
    it was at night time and i had my brights on and i still didnt see him until i looked out my driver side window and there he was he was only visibile when you were right in front of him you could not see him from the side not only that but i have an 8 ball pool ball for a shifterknob and i was highly offended when he asked me what that 8 ball meant to me and i replied not sure whats it mean to you? im not a crackhead your judging a book by its cover
    Last edited by blk96gt; 06-28-2004 at 12:36 PM.
  8. #8
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,916
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt
    it was at night time and i had my brights on and i still didnt see him until i looked out my driver side window and there he was he was only visibile when you were right in front of him you could not see him from the side not only that but i have an 8 ball pool ball for a shifterknob and i was highly offended when he asked me what that 8 ball meant to me and i replied not sure whats it mean to you? im not a crackhead your judging a book by its cover
    **A: thanks for the additional stickshift information as it is totally relevant to your case.
  9. #9
    meerkat3232 Guest

    Cornier than the cornfield.

    Besides the cornfields, they can also hide in Peach Tree orchards, these cops are commonly refered to as "The Peach Fuzz".
  10. #10
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    "Harvey and Me"
    Posts
    25,173
    t was at night time and i had my brights on
    It's too bad you didn't have your brain turned on.
  11. #11
    dequeendistress is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,023
    Apparently the lights are the only thing bright in his post(s).

    Oh, and by the way, if you were traveling at 80 mph, do you really think it would matter if you did catch a glimpse of his patrol car? Really now. can you see further than radar or lidar?
    Last edited by dequeendistress; 06-29-2004 at 08:41 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Cops allowed to hide?
    By jaywarner in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 09:29 AM
  2. Cops / Rent-a-cops, what's the difference?
    By lindsayvine in forum Arrests, Searches, Warrants & Procedure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 09:07 AM
  3. Do rent cops have same rights as cops
    By ylen13 in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:43 PM
  4. Nothing to hide
    By Greywolf in forum Arrests, Searches, Warrants & Procedure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 08:19 AM
  5. Best way to Hide?
    By cajor in forum Starting and Operating a Business
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2001, 03:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.