• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I be charged with driving on wrong side of road while parked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamond5dave200

What is the name of your state? Georgia . Ok here is the story I was working a partime job delivering papers for the local Gazette. They provide me with an audio tape instructing me on exactly how and where to deliver. Some of the deliveries are placed in paper tubes. These tubes are on both sides of the road. In this particular instance I was putting a paper in a tube on the left side on the road. While pulled over to the tube my right wheels remained on the pavement. I noticed an approaching vehicle (head lights as it was before light). The driver of this vehicle left the road way and hit me head on. I received various injuries including a broken nose, broken leg, and injured back. I was charged with "driving on the wrong side of the road". I was actually in my opinion illegally parked at worse. ANY ADVICE.

Curt581

diamond5dave200 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia . Ok here is the story I was working a partime job delivering papers for the local Gazette. They provide me with an audio tape instructing me on exactly how and where to deliver. Some of the deliveries are placed in paper tubes. These tubes are on both sides of the road. In this particular instance I was putting a paper in a tube on the left side on the road. While pulled over to the tube my right wheels remained on the pavement. I noticed an approaching vehicle (head lights as it was before light). The driver of this vehicle left the road way and hit me head on. I received various injuries including a broken nose, broken leg, and injured back. I was charged with "driving on the wrong side of the road". I was actually in my opinion illegally parked at worse. ANY ADVICE.
My advise: Don't use that... it won't fly.

If you plead "No Contest", the conviction can't be used against you in the soon-to-follow civil lawsuit.

You'll still be held liable, but at least it's something.

Who's Liable?

diamond5dave200 said:
Yes, you were illegaly driving on the wrong side of the road...

Anytime you get behind the wheel of the car and start the car, your are "driving", even if you are NOT moving... Why do you think people get DUI's even when the car is NOT moving? How did you get to the paper tube? You DROVE there! You even admit to driving on the wrong side of the road!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">