• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I clean my driving record with DMV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conkon22

Nevada. I have 2 cinvicions listed on my DMV printout report. The first one is for driving with no proof of insurance. I took care of that right away, paid all the fines etc, however that stayed on my record. The second one is the ticket for not coming to a full stop at a red ligt before making a right tun (I did not go to the court for this one and had to hire an attorney, they told me that they will take care of that, but it somehow did not work out).
At the end I have 2 convictions listed on there and they will be there for another 2 and 3 years. Is there any way (I heard somewhere that there is) to have attorney or somebody else try to erasy so I could have my record clean. Thanks.

The Occultist

http://www.dmvnv.com/dlpoints.htm said:
if you have accumulated between 3 and 11 points you may have 3 points removed by completing a traffic safety course only if the course is not part of a plea-bargain agreement with a court of law. If the course is required to complete a plea bargain with a court, no credit is given.

The school must be one of those approved by dmv. You may attend traffic school only once in a 12-month period to remove points from your record.

Attending traffic safety school removes 3 demerit points. However, the record of the conviction remains part of your driving history.
. .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">