• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get a ticket for parking in my own driveway?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WaylonL

I own my condo and pay a monthly fee to an association that cuts the lawn and keeps the grounds up. I received a notice today from them saying that I will be fined if I continue to park in my driveway. I have parked in the parking space next to my condo for the last four and half years. Can I really be fined for parking in my own driveway? They reference a NRS 116.31031.1(b) law. Their letter went on to say that I could be fined $100.00 for each time they caught me parking in my driveway. I would say there are more than 50 condos in the Eagle Highlands Association and I see other people parking in the parking space next to their condos. I feel like I am being singled out or something. If this is such a violation, why are my neighbors doing the same thing? I cant see whats wrong with parking in the parking spot next to my own condo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">