• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I plead nolo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Keyo81

Georgia

I was side swiped by another car in April. The officer couldn't tell who was at fault so he gave both of us a ticket for failure to maintain lane. When I went to court the prosecutor told us to plead the 5th and the case was dismissed. This month I hydroplaned into the back of another car and I got a ticket for following too close. Can I plead nolo to this ticket or does the fact that I pleaded the 5th to the last ticket effect my plea of nolo?

FlyingRon

I've never heard of "pleading the fifth". You plead not guilty, and since you refused to testify under the fifth, and the cop had no evidence or witnesses that you committed a crime, you were found not guilty (or the case was dismissed, either way it means about the same here).

It won't count against you (for nolo or any other purpose).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">