• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I see in-Car Police Video? How?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Triker

Jackson County, Georgia.

I got a speeding ticket on a motorcyle yesterday (63 in a 45) and I believe he got a reading from the car between me and his gun.
Can I request to see the in-car video of the incident? How would I do that?

Also, if he made an error on the ticket, what words do I use to get the ticket dismissed? (He said he clocked me at 61MPH by LASER, but he wrote down 63MPH and checked 'RADAR' on the summons. I'm sure the video would show that.)

I wouldn't bother fighting this except the ticket is $125 and, possibly, points on my license (although he did check 'Local Ordinance' and not 'State Law' and that's supposed to make a difference.)

Thanks - Triker

Last edited:

JETX

"Can I request to see the in-car video of the incident? How would I do that?"
*** The video can be obtained via subpoeana or discovery.

"Also, if he made an error on the ticket, what words do I use to get the ticket dismissed? (He said he clocked me at 61MPH by LASER, but he wrote down 63MPH and checked 'RADAR' on the summons. I'm sure the video would show that.)"
*** Even if correct (verbal v. written citation), neither of those are 'critical issues' that would warrant a dismissal.

"I wouldn't bother fighting this except the ticket is $125 and, possibly, points on my license (although he did check 'Local Ordinance' and not 'State Law' and that's supposed to make a difference.)"
*** Okay, from that, you are admitting that you were at fault and have no REAL defense..... only that you don't want to be held accountable for your actions, right??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Triker said:
Jackson County, Georgia.

I got a speeding ticket on a motorcyle yesterday (63 in a 45) and I believe he got a reading from the car between me and his gun.
Can I request to see the in-car video of the incident? How would I do that?

My response:

Yes, you're allowed to see the in-car video, just like the rest of us - - on "The Worlds Most Idiotic Police Chases".

Stay tuned to your local station for t.v. listings.

IAAL

Last edited:
T

Triker

JETX said:
"Can I request to see the in-car video of the incident? How would I do that?"
*** The video can be obtained via subpoeana or discovery.
How do I do that?

"Also, if he made an error on the ticket, what words do I use to get the ticket dismissed? (He said he clocked me at 61MPH by LASER, but he wrote down 63MPH and checked 'RADAR' on the summons. I'm sure the video would show that.)"
*** Even if correct (verbal v. written citation), neither of those are 'critical issues' that would warrant a dismissal.
OK

"I wouldn't bother fighting this except the ticket is $125 and, possibly, points on my license (although he did check 'Local Ordinance' and not 'State Law' and that's supposed to make a difference.)"
*** Okay, from that, you are admitting that you were at fault and have no REAL defense..... only that you don't want to be held accountable for your actions, right??
Not admitting fault. I just don't want to spend the time posting stuff; going to court; reviewing tape; dealing with State and municpal employees who forgot what 'work' means; wasting time. btw, I do have a witness who is prepared to go to court (a friend who was driving behind me) and say there was no way we were speeding.

K

krispenstpeter

I do have a witness who is prepared to go to court (a friend who was driving behind me) and say there was no way we were speeding.
Now THAT is going to carry a lot of weight! :rolleyes:

JETX

Not admitting fault.
Your statement "I wouldn't bother fighting this except the ticket is $125 and, possibly, points on my license" sounds to me like an admission. I would think you would have said, "I wouldn't bother fighting this ticket, but I am not guilty of the violation!".

I do have a witness who is prepared to go to court (a friend who was driving behind me) and say there was no way we were speeding.
*** The 'value' of your friends post is tainted purely by his relationship to you as a friend..... and that his admission of going the same speed COULD be against his own interests.

CdwJava

How do you know the car HAD video? I know that in CA, most agencies do not operate video in typical police vehicles. We usually mount them in dedicated DUI cars and some traffic vehicles, but rarely in every vehicle (its far too expensive).

But, as was said, if they have it, you can obtain it through the proper request via discovery or subpoena.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">