• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I still Get a Court Date - Citation In Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

David4321

My question involves traffic court in the State of: CA

I allowed a citation to slip into collections due to moving, and also a computer crash that lost my calendar reminder information. I had intended to challenge it in court, and I believe I would prevail. Is there any way I can still get a hearing in court?

Thanks for any suggestions.

JETX

I allowed a citation to slip into collections due to moving, and also a computer crash that lost my calendar reminder information. I had intended to challenge it in court, and I believe I would prevail. Is there any way I can still get a hearing in court?
Unlikely... but stranger things have happened. Contact the court and ask. Oh, and it also depends on the timeframe.

CourtClerk

My question involves traffic court in the State of: CA

Thanks for any suggestions.
If the ticket is in collections, you'll need to contact the collections agency, not the court to schedule an arraignment. Once you get to court, you can ask to go to trial on the ticket, but be prepared to post the complete amount of the bail (with the civil assessment and all) before you go to trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">