• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue for having my licence wrongfully suspended?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unlimitedsp

Hi, im from Pennsylvania. Dec of 06 i got my first speeding ticket. I pled not guilty and went to court 3 months later, mar 07. No points were issued and i only had to pay a fine. I waited for the new sitation in the mail and when i recieved it i paid it. 2 months later i get a letter from motor vehicle services stating that my licence will be suspended in 10 days, because it showed that the ticket was not payed for. I called the court house and they told me the case was closed months ago and it was paid. I told them my situation and they said that they will notify and fax over there paper work to motor vehicle services and that everything will be taken care of. Well yesturday i applied for new car insurance and i found out that my licence is suspended and has been suspended for the last 7 months. I have proof of payment and i want to know if i could sue the court for neglecting to properly take care of my situation.

Last edited:

The Occultist

You should have remained proactive and continued checking on the status of your license until you were sure the issue was settled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">