• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can the judge do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thomashead

i'm 17 years old and just today had my drivers license taken away for speeding 75 in a 65 zone. this was my 3rd speeding ticket

i got a ticket on 9/26/01, and 10/16/01. now, when i was in court today, the judge said that they took my license away because this speeding ticket (2/25/02) was going to be the second ticket on my record. i had two tickets before until i took traffic school for one of them. at that time i was still driving. how come this time around when i have two points, they take my license? i guess i shouldn't be complaining because i got off very easy. i have to pay a 105 fine, and if i wish i can attend some evoc crap class to clear the point for 250 dollars. also, my license was suspended for 30 days. is there anyway i can get my license back sooner?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thomashead said:
i'm 17 years old and just today had my drivers license taken away for speeding 75 in a 65 zone. this was my 3rd speeding ticket

i got a ticket on 9/26/01, and 10/16/01. now, when i was in court today, the judge said that they took my license away because this speeding ticket (2/25/02) was going to be the second ticket on my record. i had two tickets before until i took traffic school for one of them. at that time i was still driving. how come this time around when i have two points, they take my license? i guess i shouldn't be complaining because i got off very easy. i have to pay a 105 fine, and if i wish i can attend some evoc crap class to clear the point for 250 dollars. also, my license was suspended for 30 days. is there anyway i can get my license back sooner?
My response:

. . . and, with a record like yours, why should we assist you?

Surely, you must be kidding, or your think that we are all insane. Face it, the judge was correct; you're a menace, and ALL of us want you to learn your lesson.

Seriously, you're on your way to getting your license yanked permanently.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">